By Anthony E. Redington, Alyn H. Morice
A entire overview of the medical and scientific points of acute and protracted cough, this reference makes a speciality of contemporary advancements in our figuring out of the molecular biology of putative cough receptors, the neural mechanisms enthusiastic about the afferent and efferent limbs, the principal processing of the cough reflex, and peptides and different ingredients which could mediate or modulate the cough reflex. With chapters wriitenby stated gurus within the box, this instruction manual covers present and strength healing brokers, a number of methodologies to degree cough reflex sensitivity, and medical techniques for the evaluation of persistent cough in adults and youngsters.
Read or Download Acute and Chronic Cough (Lung Biology in Health and Disease, Volume 205) PDF
Best biophysics books
Lymphangiogenesis and melanoma Metastasis introduces the recent box of lymphatic vessel development and improvement, and its dating to the metastatic unfold of melanoma cells. The ebook covers all elements of this new box from the elemental function that protein development elements and their receptors play in lymphangiogenesis to the capability program of those advances to melanoma analysis and remedy.
A entire reference paintings: This looseleaf paintings is an authoritative compilation of tools for the detection of autoantibodies (Section A: equipment of Autoantibody Detection); the constitution, functionality, and molecular and biochemical thoughts of autoantigens (Section B: Autoantigens); and the scientific value of measuring autoantibodies in sufferers with rheumatic, connective tissue and autoimmune illnesses (Section C: medical importance of Autoantibodies).
- The Autobiography of Jamgon Kongtrul: A Gem of Many Colors (Tsadra Foundation Series)
- Extracellular Potentials in the Hippocampus: Sources and Biophysical Mechanisms
- Mr. Tompkins inside himself: Adventures in the new biology
- Plants and Empire: Colonial Bioprospecting in the Atlantic World
Additional resources for Acute and Chronic Cough (Lung Biology in Health and Disease, Volume 205)
35. Wall PD, Melzack R. Textbook of Pain. 4th ed. London: Churchill Livingstone/ Harcourt Publisher Limited, 1999. 36. Caterina MJ, Rosen TA, Tominaga M, Brake AJ, Julius D. A capsaicinreceptor homologue with a high threshold for noxious heat. Nature 1999; 398: 436–441. 37. Peier AM, Reeve AJ, Andersson DA, Moqrich A, Earley TJ, Hergarden AC, Story GM, Colley S, Hogenesch JB, McIntyre P, Bevan S, Patapoutian A. A heat-sensitive TRP channel expressed in keratinocytes. Science 2002; 296:2046–2049.
PKA/AKAP/VR-1 module: a common link of Gs-mediated signaling to thermal hyperalgesia. J Neurosci 2002; 22:4740–4745. 57. Premkumar LS, Ahern GP. Induction of vanilloid receptor channel activity by protein kinase C. Nature 2000; 408:985–990. 58. Vellani V, Mapplebeck S, Moriondo A, Davis JB, McNaughton PA. Protein kinase C activation potentiates gating of the vanilloid receptor VR1 by capsaicin, protons, heat and anandamide. J Physiol 2001; 534:813–825. 59. Tominaga M, Wada M, Masu M. Potentiation of capsaicin receptor activity by metabotropic ATP receptors as a possible mechanism for ATP-evoked pain and hyperalgesia.
89. Mezey E, Toth ZE, Cortright DN, Arzubi MK, Krause JE, Elde R, Guo A, Blumberg PM, Szallasi A. Distribution of mRNA for vanilloid receptor subtype 1 (VR1), and VR1-like immunoreactivity, in the central nervous system of the rat and human. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2000; 97:3655–3660. 90. Birder LA, Kanai AJ, de Groat WC, Kiss S, Nealen ML, Burke NE, Dineley KE, Watkins S, Reynolds IJ, Caterina MJ. Vanilloid receptor expression suggests a sensory role for urinary bladder epithelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2001; 98:13396–13401.