By H. N. Van Der Tuuk (auth.)
Read Online or Download A Grammar of Toba Batak PDF
Best instruction books
Language difficulties very likely exist in any respect degrees of human task, together with the neighborhood contexts of groups and associations. This quantity examines the ways that language making plans works as a neighborhood task in a wide selection of contexts worldwide and working with quite a lot of language making plans matters.
This dictionary is a set of acronyms, abbreviations, symbolic names, identifiers, and initials getting used all through IT- and engineering-related actions. they're utilized in industries, institutes, businesses and universities, all too frequently with no their meanings being outlined. components lined via this dictionary comprise: details expertise; Electronics; electric Engineering; Telecommunications; info Networks, together with the net and world-wide-web; Computer-Aided purposes; management and Accounting; production; Logistics and making plans; computerized regulate; and different similar topics.
The Munda team of languages of the Austroasiatic family members are spoken inside primary and jap India by means of nearly ten million humans. so far, they're the least recognized and least documented languages of the Indian subcontinent. This exceptional and unique paintings attracts jointly a uncommon staff of foreign specialists within the box of Munda language learn and offers present tests of a variety of typological and comparative-historical matters, delivering agendas for destiny examine.
- The Afroasiatic Languages
- Donati Graeci: Learning Greek in the Renaissance (Columbia Studies in the Classical Tradition)
- Colloquial Tibetan A Textbook of the Lhasa Dialect
- Cambridge First Certificate in English 1 with Answers: Official Examination Papers from University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
Extra resources for A Grammar of Toba Batak
3. The consonants in whose reproduction the same organ of speech is used are termed homorganic; p, b, m and ware homorganic. ous. 4. they have a corresponding relationship to their homorganic partners : k is to g and ng as tj is to d j and n j as t is to d and n as p is to b and m. The semi-vowels too, because of a corresponding relall:ionship to their homorganic partners are 8 A GRAMMAR OF TOBA BATAK homotypic: j is to nj, dj and tj as w is to m, b and p. , 3Jtld is, therefore, a homotypic of the consonants occurring in the same column.
13 Hence the wretched little school books that are there given to the young and which will, inadvertently, slowly bring the pagans completely under the influence of the Muslims. 13 For example, in Mandailing hadjaran- horse is now seldom used, kudo (Men. ) is used instead. This is a marked proof of Malay influence, because this word is not even known in Lubu : the word used there is kadjawan. A GRAMMAR OF TOBA BATAK PART I THE SOUND SYSTEM I. SCRIPT AND PRONUNCIATION 1. WRITING. The language is written from left to right.
6. , the language they must use in order to be sucoessful in finding the camphor, which is so difficult to locate. Obs. In hunting and fishing, too, the use of certain words is forbidden and they must be replaced by others. V. Through contact with the more civilized Malays the Batak language has borrowed many words £rom Malay. Sanskrit words have not been taken directly into Batak bull: through a Malay-speaking people, because such words have in their form the appearance of having first been corrupted by a language that has the sound laws of Jav.